We are closing the Falcon Range on June 22 & 23. An unfortunate incident occurred between May 16 and 18, a large caliber bullet struck a home next to the microwave tower. The path of the bullet was in direct line with our rifle range. The bullet went through a window and a closet door across a playroom. This is not the first occurrence for these home owners, I talked with them at length, while not admitting fault I told them we would pay for the damages and investigate the incident. The wife was somewhat distraught because they are hosting their grand-daughter’s wedding in the room where the bullet went through; she asked if I would close the range for two days. At the regular Board meeting on Tuesday, we discussed the matter and closure approved.

We cannot afford this type of incident if we want to keep Falcon open. Some member violated basic safety  protocols, was it an accidental discharge, was it deliberate, or just plain stupidity? Matters not because we will never know who was at fault, but it is a wake up call for all of us.


Martin Sobieraj, President

Leave a Reply