We have purchased a barn for members that do not wish to transport their frames to and from the range at Falcon. It is ready for use, we ask that you put your name and member number on the frame for identification and to ensure someone else doesn’t use them. Prop them against the walls neatly.
This is a honor system, the barn will not be locked.
Range Safety & Improvement Committee – Volunteers needed
At the most recent club meeting the board members heard the numerous concerns of members. With that in mind the FSC board is establishing a committee responsible for the planning and long-term implementation of safety upgrades and best practices. This will include range safety improvements, community outreach, record keeping, and safety plan procedures and documentation.
The committee will consist of at least three member volunteers and one board member.
Volunteers with backgrounds in project management, construction, long term planning and anyone with great organizational skills are preferred but everyone will be considered. Candidates should be good with conflict resolution. To minimize turnover and promote the continuation of the planned projects volunteers should view this as a long-term commitment. Time commitment overall should be minimal but there will be limited occasions requiring more work.
Committee members will be sent to the NRA Range Development & Operations Conference in Denver this coming October 6-8.
The immediate focus of the committee will be the Falcon range; however, this should not be taken as a slight to the Hanover range. The board is committed to the preservation and improvement of both locations. Both locations are necessary for the future of the club.
The point of contact for the committee is board member Neisha Heidelberg.
Note from Neisha: I am excited to be the boards representative for this vital project. I want to ensure the clubs future for my children and I think we have every chance of making it a certainty. There is some serious talent among the membership of Frontier Sportsman’s Club. I know we will do great things together.
We have renewed our Club’s CMP affiliation.
While there is NO construction going on at the 1000-yard range the following applies:
You must have written e-mail permission from the Club President to use the range. Shooters will be scheduled for 2-2 1/2 hrs. at a time, no drive in shooters allowed while scheduled shooter is on site.
Additional requirements/rules will be attached when permission granted.
The Board is trying to make available the resources that we have as soon as possible. We are all frustrated at the length of time that it is taking to construct the 1000-yard range. Please follow these procedures to ensure that the membership can continue to use the 1000-yard range.
DO NOT DRIVE ON THE GRASS. Members have been seen driving off the road recently, if the any part of the road from Hanover Rd. to Hammer Rd. is muddy do not drive on the grass, this includes the roadway between gates and on Club property. We have a good relationship with the land lease holder and we would like to keep it that way. Violation can cause loss of membership.
Martin Sobieraj, President
Here’s the 2017 CMP Match schedule:
Jan 08, Feb 12, Mar 12, Apr 09, May 21, Jun 11, Jul 09, Aug 13, Oct 08, Nov 12, Dec 10
All are 2nd Sunday, except May – 3rd Sunday because of Mother’s Day. No September because of Hunter Sight-In.
THE CONTRACT TO COMPLETE THE EARTH WORK FOR THE 1000 YARD RANGE AT HANOVER WAS SIGNED THE EVENING OF JUNE 3, 2014. THE DOWN PAYMENT WAS MADE. WE ARE ON OUR WAY TO HAVING A 1000 YARD MILITARY STYLE RIFLE RANGE.
June 4, 2014
- IF, there are construction personal present at Hanover, NO FIRING MAY TAKE PLACE ON THE 200/300 YARD RANGE! This new safety rule will be in effect until the project is completed, which will take until October time frame! There may be signs posted, there may not: range is still closed
- There will be a berm constructed along the east side of the 200/300 yard range as a permanent barrier between the two ranges…, range is still closed.
- The plan is to move dirt Monday thru Thursday and on an occasional Friday. THERE WILL BE NO CONSTRUCTION ON WEEKENDS, ALL RANGES WILL BE OPEN!
- The construction personal will be there to work, not jaw bone with a bunch of members. The less they talk, the faster we have a range, so let’um work!
- Once the earthwork is complete, and all construction equipment has been removed, the 200/300 yard range will be open for business as usual. However, the new 1000 yard range will not be open!! At best it won’t be open until late summer 2015. There will be no driving on the completed earthworks (the 1000 yard range). If you want to look, get out and walk. It will be hard enough getting grass to grow as it is…
- Leave the “gate lock(s)” as you find them Monday thru Thursday. There will be heavy truck traffic on the range road. They have the right of way.
Next spring and summer we will be pouring the concrete, same rules will apply!
Please be mindful of others during the inconvenience of new construction.
Check the web site often for construction updates as they happen.