THE CONTRACT TO COMPLETE THE EARTH WORK FOR THE 1000 YARD RANGE AT HANOVER WAS SIGNED THE EVENING OF JUNE 3, 2014. THE DOWN PAYMENT WAS MADE. WE ARE ON OUR WAY TO HAVING A 1000 YARD MILITARY STYLE RIFLE RANGE.
June 4, 2014
- IF, there are construction personal present at Hanover, NO FIRING MAY TAKE PLACE ON THE 200/300 YARD RANGE! This new safety rule will be in effect until the project is completed, which will take until October time frame! There may be signs posted, there may not: range is still closed
- There will be a berm constructed along the east side of the 200/300 yard range as a permanent barrier between the two ranges…, range is still closed.
- The plan is to move dirt Monday thru Thursday and on an occasional Friday. THERE WILL BE NO CONSTRUCTION ON WEEKENDS, ALL RANGES WILL BE OPEN!
- The construction personal will be there to work, not jaw bone with a bunch of members. The less they talk, the faster we have a range, so let’um work!
- Once the earthwork is complete, and all construction equipment has been removed, the 200/300 yard range will be open for business as usual. However, the new 1000 yard range will not be open!! At best it won’t be open until late summer 2015. There will be no driving on the completed earthworks (the 1000 yard range). If you want to look, get out and walk. It will be hard enough getting grass to grow as it is…
- Leave the “gate lock(s)” as you find them Monday thru Thursday. There will be heavy truck traffic on the range road. They have the right of way.
Next spring and summer we will be pouring the concrete, same rules will apply!
Please be mindful of others during the inconvenience of new construction.
Check the web site often for construction updates as they happen.