HANOVER RANGE is open! We dodged the fire again. Road closure barricades @ Old Pueblo Rd. and Hanover Rd. we just went around them
Sign up for workdays: email@example.com
FALCON MAY 19, 0900-1300 BBQ to follow
HANOVER JUNE 16 0900-1300
While there is NO construction going on at the 1000-yard range the following applies:
You must have written e-mail permission from the Club President to use the range. Shooters will be scheduled for 2-2 1/2 hrs. at a time, no drive in shooters allowed while scheduled shooter is on site.
Additional requirements/rules will be attached when permission granted.
The Board is trying to make available the resources that we have as soon as possible. We are all frustrated at the length of time that it is taking to construct the 1000-yard range. Please follow these procedures to ensure that the membership can continue to use the 1000-yard range.
DO NOT DRIVE ON THE GRASS. Members have been seen driving off the road recently, if the any part of the road from Hanover Rd. to Hammer Rd. is muddy do not drive on the grass, this includes the roadway between gates and on Club property. We have a good relationship with the land lease holder and we would like to keep it that way. Violation can cause loss of membership.
Martin Sobieraj, President
THE CONTRACT TO COMPLETE THE EARTH WORK FOR THE 1000 YARD RANGE AT HANOVER WAS SIGNED THE EVENING OF JUNE 3, 2014. THE DOWN PAYMENT WAS MADE. WE ARE ON OUR WAY TO HAVING A 1000 YARD MILITARY STYLE RIFLE RANGE.
June 4, 2014
- IF, there are construction personal present at Hanover, NO FIRING MAY TAKE PLACE ON THE 200/300 YARD RANGE! This new safety rule will be in effect until the project is completed, which will take until October time frame! There may be signs posted, there may not: range is still closed
- There will be a berm constructed along the east side of the 200/300 yard range as a permanent barrier between the two ranges…, range is still closed.
- The plan is to move dirt Monday thru Thursday and on an occasional Friday. THERE WILL BE NO CONSTRUCTION ON WEEKENDS, ALL RANGES WILL BE OPEN!
- The construction personal will be there to work, not jaw bone with a bunch of members. The less they talk, the faster we have a range, so let’um work!
- Once the earthwork is complete, and all construction equipment has been removed, the 200/300 yard range will be open for business as usual. However, the new 1000 yard range will not be open!! At best it won’t be open until late summer 2015. There will be no driving on the completed earthworks (the 1000 yard range). If you want to look, get out and walk. It will be hard enough getting grass to grow as it is…
- Leave the “gate lock(s)” as you find them Monday thru Thursday. There will be heavy truck traffic on the range road. They have the right of way.
Next spring and summer we will be pouring the concrete, same rules will apply!
Please be mindful of others during the inconvenience of new construction.
Check the web site often for construction updates as they happen.